Pricing Manager Description
Reports to: Executive Vice President
The Pricing Manager for McDonald Construction Partners, LLC (MCP) plays a key role in the growth of our company and is responsible for determining the costs of construction projects by calculating material and labor expenses for base plans, custom plans, standard options, customer options, selections, and amendments for custom homes, pre-priced homes, and large scale renovation projects. The Pricing Department prepares detailed cost estimates to include the cost of materials labor, equipment, and any other expenses related to each project. The Pricing Manager must effectively communicate and secure competitive pricing with trade partners and share cost estimate details with leadership, production, and sales teams, and adjust the estimates as needed based on changes in project scope and budget. The individual in this role works closely with the MCP sales, design, accounting, and production teams, to create detailed specifications and project cost estimates while managing multiple projects and maintaining budget requirements. Pricing Managers work full-time during customary business hours and may qualify for remote work. Complete, accurate, and timely data management is necessary for this position.
- Gather bids from trade partners and assemble base and option pricing for new construction and renovation projects.
- Prepare bid sheets and bid packages, assemble and release bid and option pricing for new construction and renovation projects within a designated timeline.
- Maintain pricing for MCP Signature plans, elevations, options, and customer option requests.
- Support the sales team with proposals and option pricing to convert prospects to customers promptly.
- Calculate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, and other expenses related to new construction and renovation projects.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates including the breakdown of expenses.
- Create sworn construction statements for the accounting department.
- Enter all pricing information in Pro Contractor.
- Assist accounting department to release purchase orders.
- Manage new home construction and renovation projects throughout the construction process by analyzing data including home plans and specifications to ensure projects meet required timelines and profitability.
- Work effectively with the design department to assemble selection specifications and process change orders accurately and promptly.
- Review and release purchase orders after receiving approval from the client or MCP President or EVP and, if necessary, communicate any changes and orders to the trade partners.
- Produce, implement, and track customer selection amendments and change orders throughout the new construction and renovation processes.
- Assist the sales team in creating and processing contract amendments and change orders monthly for each active project.
- Complete the specifications and attend construction kickoff meetings.
- Utilize the template schedule on Buildertrend to upload and manage active projects.
- Work with the production and accounting teams to order time-sensitive materials to keep the construction project on schedule and updated in Pro Contractor.
- Prepare final reconciliation for all projects four (4) weeks prior to project completion.
- Review and approve invoices to verify the projects are within budget.
- Perform related work as required.
- Proven experience in the construction industry in purchasing or estimating departments.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, methods, and processes.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, BuilderTrend, and MCP’s cost estimating and accounting software.
- Ability to plan and prioritize job responsibilities over multiple projects.
- Work under pressure positively and creatively.
- Possess teamwork qualities.
- Build a rapport with customers and trade partners, gain their confidence and trust by using effective listening and questioning skills, and possess knowledge of the product MCP is building.
- Customers, prospects, designers, suppliers, trade partners, MCP team members, and
- members of the public.
- Always maintain a calm, professional, and polite demeanor.
- Motivate and lead fellow team members and trade partners in a way that is consistent with MCP’s Core Values.
OTHER EXPECTATIONS AND ATTITUDES:
- Conduct yourself in a mature, courteous, and caring manner.
- Have a positive attitude and demonstrate a desire to succeed daily.
- Represent yourself and the company professionally and maintain a neat, clean appearance and acceptable level of personal hygiene.
- Make positive decisions outside of your employment at MCP so as not to affect the responsibilities and duties of your job.
ABIDE BY MCP CORE VALUES:
- Work Hard
- Be Nice
- Take Pride
- Look for Solutions
- Do the Right Thing
- Stay Positive
Come join the McDonald Team!