Building Green Homes for the Future
McDonald Construction is a proud Certified Green Path Home Builder.
Minnesota’s Green Path is the leading energy efficiency and green building program for the residential construction industry in Minnesota. Created by Housing First Minnesota in 2011, the program has provided Home Performance Reports for more than 33,000 newly built homes highlighting RESNET’s HERS (Home Energy Rating System) index and air exchange rate. Minnesota’s average HERS # is 50 … which is the lowest (#1) among states that energy test more than 1,000 homes.
Green Path helps homeowners understand the energy efficiency of their home and gives them the confidence that comes with independent, third-party testing.
This mid-level green certification means a home has met a minimal energy testing standard plus includes additional green features. Specifically, an Advanced Certified Green Path Home must test with a HERS score of no more than 55 and earn at least 5 total points in Energy Efficiency, 5 points in Indoor Environmental Quality, 5 points from the remaining three areas of green construction (Water Conservation, Resource Management or Site/Development) and 5 elective points from any category.
- Tested by a RESNET Certified Rater and receives a HERS Index <55
- Built to MN Energy Code; Builder confirms energy certified requirements, PLUS:
- 5 total points in Energy Efficiency
- 5 total points in Indoor Environmental Quality
- 5 total points from Water Conservation, Resource Management, or Site/Development
- 5 points from any elective checklist
- Project is issued an MN Green Path Home Performance Report (HPR)